Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rozerem fucked me up


I used to work third shift at a hotel, which means I'd go in at 11 p.m. and leave at 7 a.m. I don't think I slept well for five years. I would occasionally take Ambien or an over the counter medication to help.

A friend who also has sleep problems offered me a sample of Rozerem, which was new at the time. I can't recall if Ambien wasn't working for me or if I just wanted to try a new drug, but I accepted happily.

I came home from work a few days later and took a Rozerem. I was off that day, so I was able to sleep as much or as little as I wanted without worrying about being able to function at my job.

Now, when I'd taken Ambien in the past, I would simply keep up with my normal business until I felt tired, then I would go to be, usually in half an hour or so. I followed the same protocol with Rozerem.

I was dicking around on the internet, as I do, when I noticed something strange. My computer monitor appeared to be a little off. A little... melty.

At this point, I should have realized what was going on and just gone to bed, but I wasn't tired at all. I was actually more awake than I was when I came home.

Soon, the colors on the screen were melting as well, dripping down. I looked around my bedroom and the walls were breathing, the curtains were moving on their own, with the fabric shifting in strange ways.

I was tripping balls.

At this point, I was just too excited to sleep. I'd never taken any hallucinogenic drugs before, and this was just too cool.

The melting, breathing continued for some time. I actually tried to take a screen capture (yeah, I know) so I could show people what was going on. This was way more exciting than sleeping.

After a couple of hours, it wore off and I decided to go to bed. Not happening. I tossed and turned and dozed a bit, but never went to sleep fully.

I thank Rozerem for giving me my first hallucinogenic experience, but I would not recommend it as a sleep aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment