Monday, August 6, 2012

And in the beginning



When I was small, I can remember waking up and thinking there were three people in my bedroom. Always three people: two dudes and a lady. One dude was really tall, and wore a bowler and a suit. The lady was pretty short, kind of a hippie, with long; dark hair. The other guy was taller than she was, but shorter than the other guy, and I don't remember all that much about him.

The first time I remember seeing them in the shadows was when I was about 11. They didn't make me nervous or scared, but I wasn't entirely comfortable with them in my room, either. I can recall six or seven times throughout my life where I had this reoccurring waking dream of these three people.

The last time I remember them coming to visit was right around the time I got married, when I stopped sleeping alone. As I woke up further, I realized they were the shadows cast by my wardrobe being open.

While I have themes in my sleep crazy (that I'll explore later on), this is the only re-occurrence of a waking dream that I've had, and I can't explain their appearance anymore than I can explain their departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment